- 4 Eggs
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Bay leaf
- 5-6 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 2- 3 piece Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 – 3 tablespoon Chilly powder (Add spice according to your taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 3 – 4 tablespoon Curd
- 8 – 9 Almonds
- 10 – 12 Cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon Poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala
- 1 chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoon Oil
- Salt as required
(Yes, Lot of Ingredients! It is a rich gravy… )
- Boil water – add almonds, cashew nuts and poppy seeds for 12 – 15 mins. (If using microwave, microwave this contents for 2 mins)
- Add Onions in Oil and fry till light golden brown.
- Add the fried onions along with the boiled almonds, cashews and poppy seeds (do not add the water) in the mixer grinder. Make it into a fine paste. Add a spoon of water if necessary. Keep this paste aside.
- In the same mixer grinder, add tomatoes and make puree.
- Add Oil in pan, after the oil gets moderately hot, add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cardamon. When the oil becomes fragrant, add cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste and fry it for a minute. Then add tomato puree, blended paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilly powder and salt. Mix it and cover it for few minutes.
- Once it starts boiling add the curd and mix well. Close the pan with lid and let it get cooked for 20 – 25 mins. After that add garam masala and stop the strove after mixing the gravy once.
- Add hard boiled eggs in a pan with half tablespoon of oil, then sprinkle chilli powder ans salt and toss it will.
- Add these eggs in the gravy and garnish. Rich egg gravy is ready.
When I tried this gravy for a third time, did it with Paneer. It turned out just awesome. In this case we don’t need to fry the paneer, just add it after sipping the paneer pieces in hot water for a couple of minutes.